In your first CSA share, you will receive Cilantro! Here is a great recipe with chicken that you might try:
You should have: Fresh cilantro, chicken breasts, lime juice, honey, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes, plus marinating
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (2 lb. total)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness (about 1/2 in.) and place in a shallow baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and turn pieces to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold your hand over the surface only 4 to 5 seconds) and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Cheryl Brown, Englewood, CO
To turn this simple dish into a meal, sauté any of your greens (chard, collards, kale) for a tasty feast!