Kohlrabi?? Here’s a quick and easy recipe to have in mind before you start staring quizzically at the purple Sputnik satellites in your share box this week.
- 3 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled
- diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive-oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- (optional) 1.5 cups cubed ham
- (optional) extend recipe using potatoes with kohlrabi
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cut the kohlrabi into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each of the slices in half. Combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss kohlrabi slices and diced carrots in the olive oil mixture to coat. Spread kohlrabi, and carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally in order to brown evenly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven to allow the Parmesan cheese to brown, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.